Welcome to year 2015. It is my pleasure to share this compelling list of 10 individuals I consider quite influential on Twitter. It is an entirely subjective list. This politics category will feature five individuals each that are clearly partisan and aligned with the two major political parties in Nigeria. Feel free to make your reservations known and most importantly, come up with your own list as well. Hope you enjoy this.
With the General Elections coming up in February 2015, political conversations, propaganda and campaign have taken the front row in Twitter Nigeria. Most folks are partisan while a handful remains non-partisan with a single demand for fair and credible elections. Here are the partisan individuals that made my list.
The All Progressives Congress e-Squad:
- Kayode Ogundamisi (@Ogundamisi): He is a commentator on Nigerian and international affairs. He was involved in the Nigerian pro-democracy struggle. His disdain for the PDP administration is well known and he effortlessly combines facts and half-truths in his campaign to see an end to the PDP administration.
- Gbenga Sesan: (@gbengasesan): He is the Executive Director of Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN), a social enterprise that connects underserved people-groups with ICT-enabled opportunities. He recently resigned from the board of Enough is Enough Nigeria, to drive home his quest to campaign for Muhammadu Buhari. He is actively involved in a team of volunteers that have come together to kill lies that can hurt the Buhari-Osinbajo ticket through the FactChecking project.
- Rosanwo Babatunde (@rosanwo): He is a PhD researcher at the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Graduate School for Social Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland. He has been sufficiently tutored by his mentor Kayode Ogundamisi even as he tries to sell the viability of the Buhari/Osinbajo ticket.
- Olusegun Dada (@DOlusegun): This card-carrying member of the All Progressives Congress will be a great asset to his party if he can deal with his anger management issues. He has been recognized by the top stalwarts of his party and has a brilliant political career ahead of him. He has no reservation towards unleashing e-violence at anyone that attempts to direct e-hatred towards him. He equally does this even when he is unprovoked. The years ahead will see him become better and not bitter as he climbs the political rope.
- Feyi Fayehinmi (@DoubleEph): He is an economist by training and makes his abode in the United Kingdom. He can be described as the Joseph Goebbels of today. He can effortlessly launch an admirable damage control missile to any mistake that is made by the All Progressives Congress.
The Peoples Democratic Party Squad:
- Ohimai Godwin Amaize (@MrFixNigeria): He is a card-carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party. He was very critical of the party when he was appointed as the presidential campaign manager of Chief Dele Momodu in 2011. His political views however succinct are often met with harsh criticism on Twitter. He has not been daunted by this and has consistently stayed on the part of wisdom even as he sells the viability of the Jonathan/Sambo ticket.
- Ademola Olarewaju: (@DemolaRewaju): Ademola Olarewaju is the Principal Partner at TFZ Real Estate Consults. He recently championed the KoroNation online movement. This was a movement of young Nigerians that campaigned vigorously for Senator Musiliu Obanikoro ahead of his primary elections as the PDP candidate for Lagos State Governorship. Sadly, their candidate lost. He has however, maintained momentum and is currently involved in supporting Goodluck Jonathan’s Presidential reelection bid.
- Ebubedike Akabuwa (@Akaebube): He is the most patient man when it comes to his engagement strategy with those that oppose his political views. Not much is known about his person. Tolu Ogunlesi, a journalist has always alluded that he does not exist in real life. He is very vocal about the viability of the Jonathan/Sambo ticket and ensures to painstakingly push his views across without taking offence at the barrage of e-violence he gets doing so.
- Osita Duru (@RadicalYouthMan): This young farmer that makes his abode in Ghana has anger management issues as well. He has been credited to being behind the expose of the plan of the famed 20 Million Youths for 2015 project. He maintains that the project was a wholly partisan idea that was ideated to naturally align with the All Progressives Congress, ahead of the general election. He is very vocal about his support for the Jonathan/Sambo ticket and will meet you with equal measure of e-violence should you direct e-hatred towards him.
- Emeka Okoroji (@iamtenseven): He is a card-carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party. He sells the viability of the Jonathan/Sambo ticket and tries his best to enjoy mutual banter and friendship from his harshest critics. He believes in providing fact for any of his views and equally encourages his critics to counter his stance with facts.